Here is the latest at South Windsor Youth Hockey Association.
1. This Past Weekend
Bantam A defeated Wonderland on Saturday, 8-1. Great job!
Bantam A1 beat Southern on Sunday, 10-0. Goalie Hailey Gomez led the team with a Shut Out. The team was also led by Jake Samela with a Hat Trick and Chase Mawhinney with a Playmaker. Way to go!
Pee Wee A defeated Southern, 7-0, on Saturday behind a Josh Weiner (goalie) Shut Out. Then the team beat West Hartford, 10-5, on Sunday. Outstanding!
Pee Wee B beat Central on Saturday, 1-0, behind a goalie Eric Prates Shut Out. Nice!!!
Pee Wee C had a strong Saturday with a 5-2 victory over the West Hartford Capital Wolves. Well done!
Squirt A beat Northeast on Saturday, 5-1. Excellent!
Squirt B defeated Northeast on Saturday, 6-5, behind a Landon Ayotte Hat Trick. Nicely done!
Squirt C played both West Hartford and ECHO this weekend and beat them both. Holden Crane led the team with a Hat Trick and goalie Landon Tyc earned his third Hat Trick of the season. Way to go Squirt C's!
Mite A had an outstanding weekend, putting in strong performances against ECHO and Enfield. On Saturday, the Hard Hat went to Carter Cornish and on Sunday Aiden Christensen’s strong play earned it. Hot Stick winners were Caiden Rojas and Cameron Kadish. Photos are on the website at swhockey.com.
2. Skills Night
This week on Tuesday, Bantams will skate with Jon DiSalvatore for a skating skills night. Last week, the Pee Wees turned out in big numbers to work on their skating with DiSalvatore.
3. Bantam A Thanksgiving Tournament
Our Bantam A team will be competing this Thanksgiving weekend in a Thanksgiving Tournament hosted by Avon. Two games on Friday and a game on Saturday, with a championship game on Sunday if they make it. Good luck to the Bantam A's.
This tournament will be the last youth hockey games for these Bantams from the A team who are all hoping to move to high school hockey in another couple of weeks. For all of these players, it's been a good run and we're hoping for a strong finish for them at the tournament. Good luck!
4. Jingle Bell Tournament
All other South Windsor Youth Hockey teams will be competing together during New Year's weekend next month. If you have not yet made your hotel reservations, don't forget to do this.
5. Polite Reminder
Over the past few weeks, we have seen parents from opposing teams thrown out by referees for inappropriate language and behavior. We have seen the same of opposing coaches.
We ask parents to remember that foul language and abusive behavior in the stands is not tolerated. Let's not be like other organizations where such inappropriate behavior is unfortunately found and let's please set a good example.
6. Quote of the Week
"Your mind will quit 100 times before your body ever does. Feel the pain and do it anyway." -- Unknown
Have another great week of hockey and a big Happy Thanksgiving to all of the families at South Windsor Youth Hockey.
Learn to Play is the introduction to hockey basics. Children who have completed the four week Learn to Skate program are now ready for the Learn to Play program where the focus is on fun and learning skating as well as stick use, puck control and basic game instruction.
Learn to Play 9 & Up is our Learn to Play program for children 9 years old and older. This is so that the older kids, who are usually bigger, are learning and competing with kids at a similar size and stage of development.
If you have any questions please contact Coach - Mike Kingor President - Mike Pollack
South Windsor Youth Hockey Yearbook Ad Instructions
The 2017-18 SWYHA yearbook is underway! That means it's time to design your player's ad. If your child is a Mite, Squirt, PeeWee or Bantam, you get one free ad. If you have one travel player, you get a quarter page ad; if you have multiple travel players, you get a half page ad. To make your ad, please follow the following instructions. All ads must be completed by December 15.
3. Type in "South Windsor Youth Hockey Association 2018 Yearbook" - This should bring up the link to the yearbook.
4. Click on "South Windsor Youth Hockey Association 2018 Yearbook" (green letters)
5. Click on "Purchase Ad" - big blue box
6. Click Register (or you can log in using your login from last year)
7. Enter your name, email address, create a password
It will ask you to associate your account with your player. Just type in your child's name. (You only have to enter one child if you have more than one.)
8. Click on the orange button "Buy a Yearbook Ad"
9. If you only have one child playing on a travel team (Mites through Bantams), then you click on Personal QUARTER Page Ad; If you have multiple children playing on travel teams (Mites through Bantams), then you click Personal HALF Page Ad.
10. Design your ad
11. If you are not done, click save. You can go back and finish your ad at a later time. If you are finished, click Continue and Review.
12. Enter your child's name or family's last name in Student Name/Business Name
13. Click the box "I approve the design of this ad" and the click green box "Purchase this ad"
14. STOP! Your ad is complete! There is no cost for the ad - do not enter any other info!